Wednesday, January 21, 2009
VIEW PRESENTATION / Download Podcast / View PDF
- Understanding the new CBP rule and the data elements that importers must now furnish to CBP for all ocean shipments.
- Effective date, ISF filing times, phased in CBP enforcement plans and rule exemptions.
- How the ISF is filed - use of "designated agents" and filing the Customs entry along with the ISF.
- Explanation of the data elements or information associated with overseas suppliers/consolidators.
- Consequences of non-compliance with the new rule.
Presented by: Rob Pisani
Rob Pisani is an international trade lawyer with the law firm of Pisani & Roll PLLC and is based in the firmís Washington, D.C. office. Rob counsels clients in areas relating to cargo security, Customs law and international trade issues.
Prior to entering private practice, Rob was a Senior Attorney at Customs Headquarters in Washington for over 20 years. While at Customs, he handled major civil penalty cases, and was the author of the Customs reasonable care checklist, the prior disclosure regulations, and the section 1592 penalty guidelines. He received the Commissioner of Customs Award in 1983 and 1999. Rob is a 1991 Harvard University Senior Executive Fellow and a graduate of the Washington College of Law of the American University.